I have read all of these facts over time at various places, but Christopher Monckton of England was kind enough to put them all into a nice little list that he posted in a comment thread someplace a while back. I edited the list (all errors are mine and not his) and then saved the list some months ago. I thought I would share the list with those that stumble across this little back water blog.
This list is just a few facts concerning the IPCC and its predictions of catastrophic human caused global warming over the next century due to mankind’s use of energy which is releasing CO2 into the atmosphere.
1) RSS satellite temperature data shows no global warming for 17 years 8 months from August 1996 to March 2014. Those 212 months are half the 423-month record since January 1979.
2) The fastest 100-year warming rate was recorded in Central England from 1663-1762, at 0.9 Cº per century – before the industrial revolution began.
3) The global warming trend since 1900 is equivalent to 0.8 Cº per century. This is well within the warming trend since the end of the Little Ice Age in 1850 and is natural variation rather than the work of CO2.
4) The fastest warming trend lasting ten years or more occurred over the 40 years from 1694-1733 in Central England, equivalent to 4.3 Cº per century.
5) The fastest warming rate in industrial times lasting ten years or more occurred over the 33 years from 1974 to 2006 at a rate equivalent to approximately 2 Cº per century.
6) Since 1950, when a human influence on global temperature first became theoretically possible according to the UN IPCC (United Nations InterGovernmental Panel on Climate Change), the global warming trend is equivalent to just 1.2 Cº per century.
7) In 1990, the IPCC’s mid-range prediction of the near-term warming trend was equivalent to 3.5 Cº per century.
8) The global warming trend since 1990, when the IPCC wrote its first report, is equivalent to 1.4 Cº per century – two-fifths of what the IPCC had then predicted.
9) In 2013 the IPCC’s new mid-range prediction of the near-term warming trend was for warming at a rate equivalent to 1.7 Cº per century – just half its 1990 prediction.
10) Though the IPCC has cut its near-term warming prediction, it has not cut its 100 year warming prediction of 3.7 Cº warming to 2100.
11) The IPCC’s prediction of 3.7 Cº warming by 2100 is more than twice the greatest rate of warming lasting more than ten years that has been measured since 1950.
12) The IPCC’s predicted 3.7 Cº by 2100 and that rate is more than three times the observed real-world warming trend rate since 1950 when the IPCC says mankind began effecting the climate.
13) Since 2000 the warming trend on the mean of five datasets is zero. At 0.0 Cº per century we see no warming for over 14 years even as CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere have skyrocketed.
14) Recent extreme weather cannot be blamed on global warming, because there has not been any global warming. Besides, there has been no “extreme” weather that we have not seen many times before in our history. In fact, the recent past has been mild compared to past times.
The takeaway message in all this is that the CO2 drives climate model has failed utterly. Mother nature has run a giant experiment over the last 15 to 18 years in which CO2 was added to the atmosphere at a fast rate and we see that after adding all that CO2, there has been no increase in global temperatures. Even using the government’s official data-tampered “adjusted” data sets prepared by the state’s own minions we see no rise in temperature. So, CO2 is not driving the climate and is not a reason to dismantle our industrial economy.
And finally, a little chart made from data from a single long term site in the middle of England. I think this picture is worth a thousand words:
Catastrophic anthropogenic global warming is a left-wing scam to fleece you of your money and to control you. Don’t buy into the fraud.